Welcome to the Woodstock Education Foundation. The Woodstock Education Foundation (WEF) is a volunteer organization formed by parents and community members concerned about preserving important school programs. The WEF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, organized in 2005 and governed by a Board of Directors.
Our Mission: The mission of the Woodstock Education Foundation is to broaden the sphere of learning for Woodstock students by fostering partnerships that provide resources to expand the reach of the K-8 public school experience.
Woodstock Education Foundation Vision Statement: The Woodstock Education Foundation is a committed and exemplary force for the support of quality education in the town of Woodstock by:
- Providing consistent independent financial resources that facilitate and support educational initiatives that fall outside of the school budget
- Developing community wide support toward achieving our mission through collaborative engagement and partnering with our public schools, our students, parents, teachers and school administrators, local government, community members and businesses
- Building a trusted reputation as an organized, informed and responsible advocate for education in our community so that we can attract volunteers and abundant donations to help reach our mission
- Supporting programs that inspire the student’s lifelong love for learning
- Recognizing excellence in teaching by providing grants that inspire teacher innovation and creativity
- Working diligently to be informed about the best and latest research on educational practices so that our investments are allocated to where they will have the greatest impact
- Enhancing Woodstock’s reputation as a preferred community in which to educate and live
- Providing a model for other communities seeking to promote educational excellence through independent financial resourcing