Woodstock Education Foundation News
The Mission of the Woodstock Education Foundation is to broaden the sphere of learning for Woodstock Students by fostering partnerships that provide resources to expand the reach of the K-8 public school experience.
The Woodstock Education Foundation is a non-profit volunteer organization established by a group of like-minded parents in 2005 in order to provide funding for enrichment programs for all students in Pre-K–8. Over the past twelve years, the WEF has provided over $237,000 in funding to Woodstock teachers and administrators.
During the 2016-2017 school year, The Woodstock Education Foundation funded 35 important educational enrichment programs at both WES and WMS. The students embrace these programs and look forward to participating in them with great enthusiasm!!
WEF Grants Awarded 2016-2017:
2016-2017 Woodstock Education Foundation Education Grants
- WMS Grade 8 History Day $800
- WMS DynaMath Magazine $559.20
- WMS 5, 6 & 7 Math Olympiad $318.00
- WMS Odyssey of the Mind $ 57
- WMS Homework Club $1750
- WMS Public Speaking $1722.01
- WES CT Historical Society/History Detectives $714
- WES Grade 1 CT Historical Society/Native American Life $714
- WMS Lego League $769.84
- WMS “A Christmas Carol Play” $1840
- WMS Grade 8 Arlington National Cemetery Visit/Washington DC Trip $825
- WMS Grade 8 Mark Twain House $800
- WMS Drama Club: “Willie Wonka, Jr.” Musical $3630
- WMS Grade 8 Newseum Visit/Washington DC Trip $1397.50
- WES Grades 3 & 4 Odyssey of the Mind $1979.48
- WES Wee Deliver In-School Postal Service $592.61
- WMS Historic New England/American Revolution $300
- WES Grade 1 Ecotarium $1073
- WES Grades 1,2 &3 Lego Machines $1999
- WMS Grades 6, 7, & 8 STEM Science $2080.69
- WES Grade 2 Box Car Children Books 1-19 and Visit $482
- WES Summer Learning Program $2000
- WMS Grades 5-8 National Geo Bee $281.05
- WMS Grade 7 Historic new England/Framing the Constitution $200
- WES Grade 2 CT Historical Society/Colonial Kids $657
- WES International Week/Japan/Motoko Storytelling $1010
- WES Grades K-3 Scholastic Magazine $1084.58
- WMS Grade 7 Math Counts Program $240
- WMS Grades 5-8 Big Brainz Math Computer Program $1000
- WES Grades 3 & 4 Google Home Purchase $129
- WES Grade Pre-K Zoomobile Visit $800
- WMS Grade 7 Shakesperience Production $1000
- WES Grade K Mystic Aquarium Visit $1138.5
- WMS Grade 8 Historic new England/Civil War Days $850
- WES Grade 1 Southwick Zoo Visit $900
As a non-profit organization, your financial support is always welcome and critical to our mission. The WEF raises money through our many fundraising opportunities such as our Backpack Appeal flier (attached to this newsletter), our Annual Appeal, our Walkway Paver Initiative at WES and WMS, and our series of eight pewter Christmas ornaments depicting scenes from rural Woodstock, CT that are for sale. These ornaments include Chamberlin Mill, the First Congregational Church, Palmer Memorial Hall, Quasset School, Woodstock Academy, Roseland Cottage, and the Woodstock Fair along with our “NEW 2017 Ornament” the East Woodstock Congregational Church.
You can also help support WEF by supporting our upcoming Events:
Starlight Gala: November 10, 2017
Jog with Judy: May 5, 2018
Family Fun Night: June 8, 2018
Please join us for an enchanting evening of dinner and dancing for our Sixth Annual Starlight Gala and Auction held on Friday, November 10th at The Mansion at Bald Hill Event Center. Purchase your tickets to this delightful evening by October 6th to take advantage of our Early Bird Price of $85.00 per person or $765.00 for a table of ten. Our coveted Live and Silent Auction items are back and better than ever, including a roll-off container for a clean-up job around your house, an American Girl Doll, a Cape Escape, and our wildly popular WES and WMS Principal for a Day!!! Be sure to visit our website for more details.
The Woodstock Education Foundation invites you to continue to support our efforts as we work to fund educational programs to benefit the children of WES & WMS. WEF support makes a difference in the educational experience of Woodstock Elementary School students. Collectively, we can make a difference in enriching our children's education. For more information, or to purchase any items or tickets. please visit our website at www.woodstockeducationfoundation.org, and follow us on Facebook.
As a parent or a guardian of an elementary school student we appreciate any funding or support that you can provide. Collectively, we can make a difference in enriching our children's education.
Woodstock Education Foundation wishes all WPS students, parents, teachers and administrators an enlightening and productive year of learning and growth.